Elitesports.fun – A fierce competition happen between Honda Racer, Marc Marquez and the Racer of Yamaha, Valentino Rossi, on the qualification of MotoGP Thailand, Saturday, October 6, 2018. But in the end it is Marc Marquez who got the pole position and Rossi need to be satisfied with the second position.
Marquez need to start from the first qualification because of his failed on getting to the top ten on the third free training time. However, an extra time in the track just give him the advantage.
He can get the best time on the start of the second qualification, But Valentino Rossi can surpass it directly.
The decision on changing the tire on the last turn on the second qualification make by Marques showing a good result. On the last time he can surpass Rossi and incised the fastest time of 1 minute 30 second win towards Rossi for 0.011 seconds only.
The third position is get by Andrea Dovizioso (Ducati) with the fourth get by Vinales (Honda) follow by Cal Crutchlow (Honda).
While for the general standings, Marquez is still in the top of standings with 246 point follow by Dovizioso (174) and Rossi (159).
Also in this MotoGP Thailand, Lorenzo is being confirmed to be out from this race because of the accident happen to him on the last training time.
The qualification result on MotoGP Thailand :
1. Marc Marquez ESP Repsol Honda (RC213V) 1m 30.088s [Lap 7/8] 326km/h (Top Speed)
2. Valentino Rossi ITA Movistar Yamaha (YZR-M1) 1m 30.099s +0.011s [Lap 6/8] 326k
3. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Ducati Team (GP18) 1m 30.227s +0.139s [Lap 7/8] 328k
4. Maverick Viñales ESP Movistar Yamaha (YZR-M1) 1m 30.328s +0.240s [Lap 9/9] 326k
5. Cal Crutchlow GBR LCR Honda (RC213V) 1m 30.356s +0.268s [Lap 8/8] 328k
6. Andrea Iannone ITA Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR) 1m 30.419s +0.331s [Lap 7/8] 325k
7. Dani Pedrosa ESP Repsol Honda (RC213V) 1m 30.458s +0.370s [Lap 7/8] 329k
8. Johann Zarco FRA Monster Yamaha Tech3 (YZR-M1) 1m 30.471s +0.383s [Lap 8/8] 326k
9. Danilo Petrucci ITA Pramac Ducati (GP18) 1m 30.599s +0.511s [Lap 7/8] 330k
10. Jack Miller AUS Pramac Ducati (GP17) 1m 30.660s +0.572s [Lap 3/7] 323k
11. Alex Rins ESP Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR) 1m 30.738s +0.650s [Lap 7/8] 323k
12. Alvaro Bautista ESP Angel Nieto Team (GP17) 1m 30.976s +0.888s [Lap 6/8] 326k
13. Franco Morbidelli ITA EG 0,0 Marc VDS (RC213V)* 1m 30.923s 322k
14. Takaaki Nakagami JPN LCR Honda (RC213V)* 1m 30.995s 319k
15. Bradley Smith GBR Red Bull KTM Factory (RC16) 1m 31.207s 321k
16. Aleix Espargaro ESP Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP) 1m 31.243s 323k
17. Karel Abraham CZE Angel Nieto Team (GP16) 1m 31.374s 321k
18. Hafizh Syahrin MAL Monster Yamaha Tech3 (YZR-M1)* 1m 31.389s 320k
19. Pol Espargaro ESP Red Bull KTM Factory (RC16) 1m 31.399s 321k
20. Xavier Simeon ESP Reale Avintia (GP17)* 1m 31.686s 324k
21. Jordi Torres SPA Reale Avintia (GP16) 1m 31.819s 327k
22. Thomas Luthi SWI EG 0,0 Marc VDS (RC213V)* 1m 31.830s 321k
23. Scott Redding GBR Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP) 1m 31.835s 321k